Thursday, September 7, 2017

Dead Men Incoming... the start of my Death Korps of Krieg (WIP)

Always choosing the path of most resistance... I've decided to start building a Death Korps of Krieg army.

Almost done - need to finish the Metallics and base...

It all began with Shadow War: Armageddon, and quickly snowballed from there into an expensive and at times, terribly frustrating, resin addiction.

I don't have a single model completely finished yet... but the Medusa and 9 Infantry models are getting close.

A lot of this army is no longer in production from Forgeworld so I had to make do with some conversions and proxies and such. Here are some converted (and magnetized) "Death Korps Storm Chimera" turrets with Autocannons:

I also grabbed some Victoria Miniatures turret weapon barrels and magnetized them for my Leman Russ turrets:

Here is what my current progress looks like (the Medusa isn't glued together yet):



A closeup of the Watchmaster (sergeant):
Also needs finished Metallics and basing...

This pile is next on deck, though I really should focus on finishing at least 1 model!:

After all of these vehicles are done I have the long, hard journey of painting tons of Infantry models. I've built 2 regular Infantry squads and 2 small Grenadier squads. I need to build officers and a lot more troops. Maybe Conscripts?!?

I also have some eBay trainwreck, bargain tanks that need some work - a Hellhound (stripped) and another Leman Russ currently in pieces.

My friends know I'm really good at planning and buying - not so good at finishing; to further that point I bought a Malcador Heavy Tank at the Nova!

Thanks for looking - stay tuned for pictures of the completed models.

No comments:

Post a Comment